Powered by Blogger.

Apple recalls some Verizon iPad 2 tablets: Reports

By: www.iPadfanzz.blogspot.com on June 11, 2011

It seems unbelievable but many tech sites are reporting that a specific shipment of 3G iPad 2 destined for Verizon customers has been recalled. However, Apple has not given any information on the number of iPads recalled.


“I ordered mine early May and yesterday I was thrilled to see it actually say out for delivery! Then I got the delivery exception. Called Fedex and heard the same thing. Called Apple and they had no clue why just that it would be delivered tomorrow (today). Called Fedex again and they assured me that the package was already on it's way back to it's origin. Now this morning my tracking number reads undeliverable, return to sender. So, my 1-2 weeks turned into 3 to ship and it somehow took Fedex 2 weeks to get it to my city and now this. I wonder how long it will be before I actually see my iPad,” a consumer wrote on Apple discussion forum.

One of the reason for this may be the 3G connectivity issues with the Verizon version of the slate, which customers complained about as early in March. Later on, Apple released iOS 4.3.2 to solve these known issues.

But of course it looks like it is a software issue rather than a hardware issue.

Earlier this week, Apple announced that iPad sales achieved the 25 million unit milestone, meaning that around 8 million iPads will be shipped in the June quarter.

It must be noted that the demand for iPad 2 is so high that Apple is facing “the mother of all backlogs.”
 

Popular Posts