Powered by Blogger.

iPad app News.me goes free‎

By: Aseem Gaurav on September 15, 2011

News.me, the best way to read news, articles and tweets by friends, is now available for free. This is certainly good news for iPad owners, as the social news app is also the most rated site used by US citizens.

News.me, creation of betaworks in collaboration with the New York Times, aggregates news stories shared by Twitter users you follow in an easy to use format.

To use the app you need to have a Twitter account given that News.me focused on news from your Twitter stream. On connecting, you are presented with the news stream that News.me users are using. All you need to do is simply tap on their avatars to see what they are reading.


News.me offers an ad-free stream of articles and is suitable for commute, weekends at home, or catching up on news at the end of the day. The app provides full text, images, and videos in an elegant and streamlined layout which makes reading a good experience.

“News.me is making efforts to reinvent an industry — by making the discovery and usage of information greater,” the News.me group said in a blogpost.

News.me competes against other social news apps like Flipboard and Pulse in the App Store.
 

Popular Posts